Survey responses, suggestions, and Cheers stream into TINYpulse on a daily basis. So how do you stay organized? Creating a categorization system can streamline your workflow as an administrator and make managing employee feedback much more efficient. Fortunately, tags can help.
Tags are shared among all administrators in your company to foster collaboration, equally disperse the workload, easily transfer responsibilities if one admin is out of the office or leaves the company, and also to make issues visible across departments to higher-level executives and HR admins.
Make all of your administrators' lives easier and get tagging!
Navigate to the Tags section in the Engage dashboard by clicking Data and Insights -> Compare -> Tags. Once you're there, you'll see four default tags that come with TINYpulse Engage: Important, In Process, On Hold, and Resolved. You can use these tags as they are, edit the title and color, or delete them altogether by selecting one of the options to the right of the title.
Create new tags by entering the name in the text box at the top of the screen and selecting Add Tag when you're done. After that, feel free to adjust the color by clicking the arrow next to the color box directly to the right of the Tag name in the list. Remember, all admins in your org share the same Tags so choose names that are familiar and useful to everyone. For example, you can choose certain universal tags that apply to the organization as a whole such as:
Tag a survey response, suggestion, or Cheer
Adding a tag is simple. After finding a suggestion, survey response, or Cheer that you'd like to tag, click Add Tag. Start typing the Tag name in the text box (the full name will automatically populate) and then press your Enter/Return key. Remember, our default system tags are Important, In Process, On Hold, and Resolved, and any custom tags that you've created will also appear automatically once you start typing.
PROTIP: Items can have multiple tags just like social networks, so use any combination you want. Example: #Important #Benefits #HR
You can also create a new Tag by typing the name you want in the Add Tag box and pressing Enter on your keyboard. Be aware that any Tags that you create can be seen by all administrators in your organization so we recommend not creating too many new Tags in order to keep your system clean and organized.
View tagged items
You can view items that have been tagged in a few ways.
- From the suggestions, Cheers, or response pages: Browsing through your survey results and see an item with a tag and want to see what else is tagged? Just click on the tag itself and you'll be redirected to the Tag Detail page with all of the tagged items listed out for you.
- From the Tags page: View all of your available tags on the Data and insights -> Compare -> Tags Click on the tag name to see the Tag Detail page. The advantage of viewing Tags this way is that you get a count of the responses, Cheers, and Virtual Suggestions which have the tag before you even click to see the details.
The Tag Detail page displays a comprehensive view of the items that have been tagged by any admin in your organization. This is a great way to collaborate and share the workload because some admins can do the tagging and others can take action to address the issues. Some other things you can do on this page are:
- Filter results by Responses, Suggestions, Cheers, or view all using the Filter By dropdown list.
- Send a private message to open an anonymous dialog with the responder.
- Add a win to your virtual Wall of Wins if the issue was resolved and you want to highlight it.
- Write a note to another admin about the response without informing the responder.
- And add another Tag if one (or two) isn't enough. Or remove one by clicking the x if you want to untag it.